We'd love to hear from you! Click here to Book an Appointment , complete the box below to sign up for our eNewsletter (don't worry we will not share your details with anyone else) or you can get in touch to discuss your requirements in the following ways:
8 Maristow Street
There is parking in Maristow Street, opposite the clinic, which is free for one hour. If these bays are full there is further free parking in Market Place and Alfred Street, but please check the signs as the time limits vary between 20 minutes to 2 hours.
We are on the ground floor and have a ramp for access if required. We have a wheelchair accessible treatment room.
When you supply your personal details to this clinic they are stored and processed for 4 reasons:
1. We need to collect personal information about your health in order to provide you with the best possible treatment. Your requesting treatment and our agreement to provide that care constitutes a contract. You can, of course, refuse to provide the information, but if you were to do that we would not be able to provide treatment.
2. We have a “Legitimate Interest” in collecting that information, because without it we couldn’t do our job effectively and safely.
3. We also think that it is important that we can contact you in order to confirm your appointments with us or to update you on matters related to your medical care. This again constitutes “Legitimate Interest”, but this time it is your legitimate interest.
4. Provided we have your consent, we may occasionally send you general health information in the form of articles, advice or newsletters. You may withdraw this consent at any time – just let us know by any convenient method.
We have a legal obligation to retain your records for 8 years after your most recent appointment (or age 25, if this is longer), but after this period you can ask us to delete your records if you wish. Otherwise, we will retain your records indefinitely in order that we can provide you with the best possible care should you need to see us at some future date.
Your records are stored:
- on paper, in lockable filing cabinets, in offices which are always locked and alarmed out of working hours.
- electronically (“in the cloud”), using a specialist medical records service. This provider has given us their assurances that they are fully compliant with the General Data Protection Regulations. Access to this data is password protected, and the passwords are changed regularly.
- on our office computers. These are password-protected, backed up regularly, and the office(s) are locked and alarmed out of working hours.
We will never share your data with anyone who does not need access without your written consent. Only the following people/agencies will have routine access to your data:
You have the right to see what personal data of yours we hold, and you can also ask us to correct any factual errors. Provided the legal minimum period has elapsed, you can also ask us to erase your records.
We want you to be absolutely confident that we are treating your personal data responsibly, and that we are doing everything we can to make sure that the only people who can access that data have a genuine need to do so.
If you feel that we are mishandling your personal data in some way, you have the right to complain. Complaints need to be sent to what is referred to in the jargon as the “Data Controller”. Here are the details you need for that:
Kay Pearce, West Wilts Chiropractors Ltd, 8 Maristow Street, Westbury, Wilts. BA13 3DN. 01373 865533
If you are not satisfied with our response, then you have the right to raise the matter with the Information Commissioner’s Office.